Linkage for Life, Beijing
More on the BIG 7 Services Offered By Jack Carney
Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.Albert Camus Overview of the BIG 7 Services Offered by Jack
On the "Home Pages" you were given brief descriptions of the 7 Services offered by Jack.
To the left hereyou can click on the Servicesthat interest you for more details.
Below, on this page, you will find my services presented differently than 1 to 7.
This "Big Picture" or Overview will describe the content, the applicability and means of delivering the various services.
1. Organizational Development – Business and Education These are 1, 2, or 3 day "handson-active learning" Workshops that can be purchased singly or in any grouping, to:
a) Be presented by Jack; b) Be presented by others; c) Be taken on their own by individuals at their own place and pace.
These courses include Instructor Manuals, Participant's Workbooks, PPT slides, Handouts...and much more.
Go to Service 5 to the left for details.
A. Workshops for Greater Workplace & Study Effectiveness
1. 17 Workshops/Courses for Supervisors & Managers (e.g., Business Leadership; Coaching; Human Resource Training)
2. 18 Workshops/Courses for Businesspersons & Students (e.g., Customer Service; Assertive Self-Worth; Finding the Job You Love & Getting It)
3. 4 Workshops/Courses for Organizational Behavior (e.g., Cross-Cultural Skills & Global Competency; Applying EQ at Work)
2. Personal Development These are areas in a person’s life Jack might be consulted for guidance and support.
You will find details, depending on your specific needs and situations, in Services 1, 2, 3, 4 or 6.
A. Academic & Career
1. Planning for the futurem including preparation for education overseas
2. Study & workplace skills, including learning meaningful English for better grades and job opportunities
3. What Majors & workplace domain/jobs match your particular personality for greater career success and happiness
4. Writing & presentation skills (note, some of my Workshops/courses are on writing & presentation)
5. Time & stress management, including the use of biofeedback instruments (see below)
8. Classroom and organizational effectiveness and efficiency
1. Relationship improvement with parents, in-laws, children and brothers/sisters
2. Dating and finding the right mate
3. Creating and maintaining lasting relationships
4. Preparation for marriage/permanent partnership
3. Domains Explored
These are the main models I might use in all 6 of my Services.
1. Myers Briggs Type (MBTI®)
2. Keirsey Temperament (KTS®-II)
3. Big 5 Personality Traits (Workplace Big Five ProFile®)
4. DISC (IML/PeopleKeys®)
B. Female-Male Relationships
1. Mating Strategies (evolutionary psychology)
2. Prepare-Enrich Program (Life Innovations)
3. Couple Communication Program (Interpersonal Communications Programs)
4. Building Better Relationships (John Gottman material)
5. Marriage Builders (Willard Harley material)
C. Freedom Vs State Power, Individual Vs Collective
1. Classical Liberalism and Libertarianism
2. Individual Freedom & Emergent Order vs. Collective Coercion & Command Control
3. Austrian Economics
D. Cross Culture Differences
1. Cognitive Differences, East Asia & Western Europe-America 2. Voyaging Westward: Chinese Adapting to the West
E. Physical Health
1. Left Brain-Right Brain and Sexual Brain Differences
2. Managing Stress: Balancing the Autonomic Nervous System with Biofeedback instruments
3. Emotional Intelligence (EQ): This includes various psychological tests that can give the users helpful feedback on the state of their Health
4. Methods of Delivery of Services
A. Workshops/Courses Presented for Companies & Universities
B. One-to-One Consultation (individuals/couples make appointments for private meeting)
C. Movies (The Joy Luck Club) & Books (The Art of Loving – & many others), including “Discussion Groups” before and after the showing/reading
D. PPT Presentations of Popular Management & Organizational Books based on summaries
E. General Discussion Groups (A specific topic is addressed for group focus)
F. Biofeedback devices and training (Stress Eraser & others)
5. Instruments/Models – Jack’s Qualifications & Who For
A. Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (Accredited -- for singles, couples, organizations)B. Workplace Big Five Profile (Certified -- for singles, couples, organizations)C. Keirsey Temperaments (Experienced -- for singles, couples, organizations)D. DISC 6 Student Keys (Experienced -- for singles only)E. VARK Learning Styles (Experienced -- for singles only)F. Gardner’s Multiple Intelligences (Experienced -- for singles only)G. Essai Systems Stress Map, EQ MAP and Resiliency MAP (Experienced -- for singles, organizations)H. Holland Vocational Choice Model (Experienced -- for singles, organizations)I. John Gottman Building Better Relationships (Experienced -- for couples mainly)J. Willard Harley Marriage Builders (Experienced -- for couples only)K. Prepare-Enrich Inventories (Accredited -- for couples only)L. Couple Communication Program (Certified -- for couples only)
"Most of the major ills of the world have been caused by well-meaning people who ignored the principle of individual freedom, except as applied to themselves, and who were obsessed with fanatical zeal to improve the lot of mankind." Henry Grady Weaver